What will the apprentice be doing?
At Chad Engineering UK Ltd our Machinists in the Advanced Manufacturing Engineering sector are predominantly involved in:
- Highly skilled, complex and precision work,
- Machining components from specialist materials
- Using conventional and/or CNC machine tools such as centre lathes, vertical and horizontal milling machines, horizontal and cylindrical grinding machines, electro discharge machines, single and multi- axis CNC machine tools centres.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You may be required to attend college at least x1 day per week either at Uxbridge Campus or Harrow Campus completing necessary mandatory training and units associated with the apprenticeship and you will be competence assessed every 8 weeks by our industry experts.
Our Account Manager, industry-trained assessor, and Learning Advocate support apprentices to deliver our high-quality training programmes.
The apprentice will be required to complete:
- Work towards gaining a full Level 3 Engineering Apprenticeship.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities.
- Skills, Knowledge, and Behaviours.
- Standard and End Point Assessment.
- Functional Skills in English, Maths, and ICT (if required).
Other training will be provided by the employer as required to enable the fulfilment of the job role.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?Team Leader, Manager
Reality CheckThe workplace is in Windsor, you must be able to get to the workplace and to the college.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills, Patience
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5-9) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4-9) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade 4-9) Desired