Advanced Apprentice - Multi-Skilled Engineering Apprentice
EEF Apprentices and Skills
Wienerberger is committed to supporting the engineering sector with a programme that will develop both engineers and leaders of the future. This is a career opportunity, as well as an apprenticeship.
Our exciting programme encompasses training and development within our dedicated regional and national training centres, alongside practical application, and projects across our 14 operational facilities.
Multi-Skilled Engineering Apprentices undertake the L3 Engineering Technician or the L3 Maintenance and Operations Engineering Technician apprenticeship standard with a focus on Mechatronics. Wienerberger has a wide range of mechanical, electrical and robotic equipment that we will develop you to install and maintain to the highest standard.
Our programme focuses on developing a rounded and experienced engineer that cannot only keep the production in our factories flowing, but also has an appreciation of our processes and the part you play in driving the success of the world’s largest brick and tile manufacturer.
Your first year will be based at one of our regional technical training suppliers, on a full-time basis, where you will get to know the basics of engineering and safety. Years 2-4 will be a mixture of residential learning at our National Training Centres, training placements with some of our key equipment and robotics suppliers, and practical learning, primarily at your base location but also across the network of Wienerberger manufacturing plants, where you’ll get to know the equipment you will be responsible for, as well as getting to know your colleagues.
Mechatronics Maintenance Technicians ensure that plant and equipment perform to the required standard to facilitate production targets regarding Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost within High Value Manufacturing environments. Typically, the work would cover a broad range of activities include:
- Fault finding
- On-going planned maintenance of complex automated equipment
This requires the application of a complex blend of skills, knowledge and occupational behaviours across the electrical, electronic, mechanical, fluid power and control systems disciplines. Specific Specialist Knowledge and Skills.
SPECIFIC SPECIALIST KNOWLEDGE:
- Understand mathematical techniques, formula and calculations in a mechatronics maintenance environment and the type of equipment being maintained
- Understand mechanical, electrical, electronic, fluid power and process control principles in a mechatronics maintenance environment
- Understand how equipment being maintained functions and operating parameters in individual components and how they interact
- Understand fault diagnostic methods, techniques and equipment used when maintaining equipment and systems
- Understand condition monitoring methods and equipment used and understand how the information gained supports the planning of maintenance activities
A chance to become a Multi-skilled Engineer.
Our salaries are competitive with a weekly wage of £215.25 in Year 1, to approximately £370 in Year 4. Upon successful completion of the scheme you will be eligible to apply for a permanent role, and to extend your technical knowledge and/or managerial capability through an Engineering Degree and/or the Wienerberger Leadership Development Programme.
We also have a range of benefits including pension and mobile phone discounts. In addition, you will receive 25 days holiday.
- Great communication skills
We are looking for driven individuals with a positive approach and a ‘can-do’ attitude who have the dedication and commitment to work hard to achieve and want to have a long and successful career in a business that has been producing building materials since 1819.
You’ll need a minimum of 5 GCSEs at C Grade and above (Grade 4-9) or equivalents, including maths and English Language. A science, engineering or technology qualification would also be advantageous.
- Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham
- NVQ Level 3
- A Technical Certificate (BTEC Diploma Level 3)
- In house training in line with your requirements
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal, learning and thinking skills award
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.