Advanced Apprentice - Mechanical Field Service Technician
Bobst Group UK & Ireland Ltd
EEF Apprentices and Skills
In this highly skilled, customer facing role you will train as a specialist Mechanical Field Service Technician. Field Service engineering covers both preventative maintenance, with regular equipment servicing of on site equipment, and managing and fixing breakdowns.
In the first year of your apprenticeship you will spend your time at Make UK College in Birmingham carrying out your workshop and classroom engineering qualifications at both level 2 and level 3 to develop your engineering skills in a variety of areas. The company will lead you in this development, in this work role. This will allow you to gain your level 3 qualifications through your working experience. You will work alongside an experienced senior engineer throughout the term of the apprenticeship and once you have gained a good level of technical knowledge of the company’s products and service excellence skills you will be allocated service jobs which you will attend and deal directly with our customer to exceed their expectations and provide World Class Service. Once back at BOBST you will work alongside our highly skilled engineering team to deliver excellence to our customers.
The role will be:
- To gain knowledge and understanding of other aspects of the Company’s operations by participating in Company assigned training/projects as part of the Apprentice Development Programme
- Gain practical operational experience on all aspects of field engineering by assisting a Field Service Engineer to minimise downtime on fault call outs and respond promptly and efficiently to fault call outs
- To achieve a satisfactory level of competence to carry out first and second line maintenance on any equipment as contracted by BOBST
- To accurately fill in timesheets and complete reports required by BOBST management
- To assist with the installation or commissioning of equipment as required by BOBST management
- To ensure that all relevant working practices comply with the statutory Health and Safety at Work Act and with the and other external customer requirements as applicable
- To achieve a satisfactory level of competence in order to carry out repairs to module level on site and component level in the workshop
- To assist with the delivery and/or collection of equipment modules from site to BOBST or other locations as required
- To assist with stock control or fault control if deemed necessary by BOBST management
- To aim at achieving and maintaining standards of quality compatible with ISO 9002
- Other duties as request
After the first successful year at Make UK you will be provided with a company car, mobile phone, lap top and tools; everything you need to be a successful engineer for BOBST. The role does involve extensive travel with up to 4 nights away from home depending on the intervention.
An excellent opportunity to progress within the business upon successful completion of this apprenticeship.
Incremental pay increases subject to performance and completion of the Apprenticeship levels.
Annual bonus depending on the financial performance of the group.
Fully expensed company vehicle after successful completion of 1st year.
A full UK driving licence is essential as this is a field based role.
Please note at least 50% of your apprenticeship will be based in England.
A good level of communication is critical to the role as you will be dealing directly with the customer.
Strong problem solving ability and independent thinking is crucial and an ability to remain calm when faced with a challenge will ensure that you are able to delivery excellent customer service whilst on site.
If you enjoy problem solving and working in a team you will have the opportunity for both in this role and if you are someone who enjoys travelling you will be working throughout the UK and Europe so be prepared to spend up to 4 nights per week away from home (depending on the size and location of the intervention.
- Willingness to learn
- Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham
- NVQ Level 3
- A Technical Certificate (BTEC Diploma Level 3)
- In house training in line with your requirements.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal, learning and thinking skills award
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.