Adult Care Worker Apprentice
Avante Care & Support
IPS INTERNATIONAL LIMITED
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide personal and social care to residents, according to their needs and wishes and in accordance with Avante’s Philosophy of Care, based on the Eden Alternative (you will be required to attend the two day Eden Alternative training provided by the Organisation) which include person centred approaches, underpinned by the Residential Quality Manual and Avante’s Equal Opportunities policy statement.
- To support and encourage the wellbeing of residents, and to identify any changes that may be required in the care and support provided. To record and report these changes to the Team Leader.
- To ensure that each resident is empowered to be at the forefront of decision making that affects their daily life within the environment, and encourage them to maintain engagement with relatives, friends and the local community.
- Encourage residents with all nutrition and hydration needs at mealtimes, and record when nourishment is declined. If declined, a MUST Assessment and report outcome should be completed and the forwarded to the Team Leader who will then record it on the Resident’s Care Plan.
- Administer medication in accordance with Avante’s procedures.
- Assist and escort residents in community engagement, including medical appointments and other community activities.
- Complete care plans for each resident as required, reviewing on a monthly basis as required by the Care Quality Commission.
- Attend and contribute to team briefings, meetings with senior staff and other professional groups at case conferences, reviews, etc, when required.
- Assist residents with all activities of daily life.
- Support with the induction and training of new staff.
- Attend all mandatory training sessions/courses necessary for the performance of these duties and CPD as required to maintain knowledge and best practice. You will be required to attend the Eden Alternative two day training provided by the Organisation.
- Night staff may be required on occasion, to carry out some domestic duties provided they do not interfere with the residents' needs.
- Promote Avante Care and Support’s Philosophy of Care, ensuring awareness of differing ethnic, social, cultural and sexual preferences.
- To carry out any other duties that are reasonable within the responsibility levels of this position.
- The post holder will on occasion have access to confidential information about residents, staff and the organisation. It is a requirement that confidentiality is strictly maintained as required under Avante Care and Support's policies and procedures.
- Work to Avante Policies and procedures, Guidelines and Work Instructions, as set out in the Residential and Corporate Quality Manuals. All staff are to take responsibility to ensure they are conversant and with, and receive training on, the updated amendments, when issued
- Manage self and all administrative policies and procedures to meet deadlines within set time frames, as well as being flexible able to adapt to changes in priorities on a day to day basis and as the service develops.
- Be confidential at all times. Provide support to service users, relatives and staff as the position demands, as access to confidential information may be seen.
- Show courtesy and respect to service users and their relations at all times to ensure they enjoy the highest quality of life, respect and confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in training sessions and staff meetings.
- Maintain good working relations with colleagues at all times.
- Assist in the induction of new staff.
- Participate in supervision and appraisal using the Avante procedure and documentation.
- Advise immediately any defects in plant or equipment used for the care and safety of service users and their relations as well as staff health and safety.
- Keep Line Manager informed of any concerns or changes in staff which could affect the smooth operations of the Department.
Upon successful completion of your apprenticeship there is potential to progress further within the company and eventually become a Care Home Manager.
The total apprenticeship duration is between 18-24 months.
- You will be a team player.
- Great communication skills.
- Flexible approach to work.
As a Care Assistant you will be:
During the 18 months of the Apprenticeship the learner will receive training on the skills, knowledge and behaviour requirements for this role, throughout a variety of one to one training, discussions, observations, workbooks and assignments of which will build up a portfolio of evidence in preparation for their End Point Assessment.
In doing this, they will also achieve:
- Level 2 Adult care worker.
- Functional Skills (maths and English) at Level 1 or 2.
- Diploma in Care Level 2.
- Care Certificate.
- End Point Assessment.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.