The successful apprentice will work alongside experienced staff.
Duties will include:
- To support client to the provisions in their person-centred Care Plans
- Plan and supervise activities
- Encourage clients to be healthy, safe and independent whilst giving support where needed
- Work as part of a team with commitment and competence
- Encourage the clients and support them in keeping a high level of cleanliness and orderliness in all accommodation
- Assist and Support clients with the planning, preparation and serving of nutritious and balanced meals
- Support clients to access health care appointments and professionals as required
- Communicate with clients by chatting and listen with compassion understanding
- Follow the provisions of all schedules, procedures and policies
- Take instructions and directions from the Manager
- To improve apprentice's skill by working along-side experienced staff
At Agape Homes, we hope to retain our apprentices. Towards the end of your apprenticeship, you’ll be supported to apply for vacant positions. Should you wish to move onto new or higher qualifications, we’ll also help you to do so.
Must successfully obtain a clear DBS.
- Communication skills
- IT skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Customer care skills
- Problem solving skills
- GCSE or equivalent maths & English (Grade A*-C or 9-4)
An apprenticeship is a job with training which enables you to earn while you learn.
The apprentice standard consists of core knowledge, skills and behaviours relevant to the job role.
It is delivered in partnership with the employer via a blended approach and the apprentice will spend 20% of their time in off the job training during paid working hours.
Prior to completion, the apprentice will undertake an End Point Assessment (EPA). This consists of a professional discussion and a situational judgement test, a pass, merit or distinction is achievable.
Functional Skills, maths and English, are an integral to completion of the apprenticeship. The apprentice will achieve these qualifications as part of the apprenticeships, if not previously gained.
Along with the apprenticeship standard, the apprentice will also achieve a Level 2 Diploma in Adult Care.