The role of receptionist / call handler/ administrator is to provide first point of contact to the surgery and to provide support to project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone in view to support the business needs of Parkbury House Surgery. It is part of their role to signpost patients to the appropriate clinician or service.
To be responsible for undertaking a wide range of reception and administrative duties and the provision of general support to the multidisciplinary team.
- There is potential opportunity for the right candidate who works hard and shows commitment to the team to progress & grow within our organisation to take on other roles, i.e. HCA, senior administrator
- Candidate would be expected to work at both the main site and, if required, our branch site located 2 miles away in Sandridge
- What qualities can you bring to the role (i.e. What are you really good at?)! Do you live within easy commute of the surgery?
- Demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness and common sense; be proactive
- Ability to work as part of an integrated multi-skilled team
- Organised and reliable
- Willingness to work towards professional and performance objectives
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexible, a good team worker and be able to work independently
- Good interpersonal skills to build and maintain effective relationships with patients and colleagues
- Be able to work calmly under pressure in a busy working environment
- Good standard of education (inc. English & maths)
Business Administrator level 3.
You will be enrolled on the Practice Managers Association Apprenticeship Programme.