- Medical records
- New patients and Patient Deduction processes
- Photocopying of medical records
- Scanning and coding of clinical letters, results and other patient data
- Open and distribute post
- Assist with stationary deliveries
- Be part of a staff rota for delivering post to the post office
- Answering and making telephone calls
- Deal with re-directing post
- Be prepared to attend training courses, which may be off site
- Attend and take an active part in staff meetings
- Attend apprenticeship training as directed
- Adhere to uniform and badge name policy
- General office junior tasks as directed by the Administration Manager
- IT responsibilities as required
This job description will be reviewed periodically and may be amended according to the requirement of health care policies and job requirements. It is intended as a guide to the range of duties covered and should not be regarded as an inflexible specification and is not intended to be exhaustive.
There is the potential for a full time role to be offered to the successful and suitable applicant upon completion of the apprenticeship. Wickham Surgery have previous apprenticeship success with apprentices moving into permanent roles.
- NHS Pension
- Free parking
- Health scheme - Simply Health
- NHS discount - Blue light card
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holiday allocation pro rata
- Confident speaking on the telephone
- Polite telephone manner
- Able to communicate effectively with other team members, patients and carers
- Able to recognise people’s needs for alternative methods of communication and respond accordingly
- Enthusiastic, caring and hardworking nature
- Strong ICT skills including use of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Willingness to participate in an annual individual performance reviews and personal development / training
- GCSEs in maths and English with at least a grade C / 4 are required.
Training to be provided: Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard. You will complete a 15 month apprenticeship which includes 10 days at the PETA training centre in Cosham. You will be supported every 6 weeks with visits from your PETA Learning & Development Coach.