What is the role?
The Administration Team work on a rota basis to cover a wide range of tasks, often with
competing priorities. Most tasks need to be performed daily, at the Civic Offices but there is
a mixture of office based and homeworking.
The main tasks include:
- Opening, recording, sorting and routing post and cheque payments
- Scanning, indexing and processing correspondence
- Preparing, checking, printing and sending parking service notices and correspondence
- Recording and routing enquiries from councillors and the public to the appropriate service area and monitoring the progress of our responses against our service targets
- Preparing mail merges and sending out high-volume mail-outs
- Setting up meetings, booking conference rooms, booking business visitors to the building and greeting them when they arrive
- Supporting meetings by preparing agendas, setting up rooms, minute taking and tracking actions agreed
- Maintaining and updating data held in spreadsheets
- Responsible for the loan of laptops, projectors and other equipment within the service, using the booking-out system
- Purchasing cycle products and office supplies
- Booking training courses, conferences and accommodation
- Phone cover for enquiries when other staff are absent
- Cover for the Director's PA when required
As part of this role you will complete the Level 3 Business Administration qualification.
Future employment or Level 4 apprenticeship.
You will need to:
- Be organised, trustworthy and reliable
- Want to gain experience and knowledge of administration work in a local government setting
- Be able to learn to effectively manage your time to achieve your tasks within deadlines
- Have a good attention to detail and be able to work with a high level of accuracy
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills and be able to liaise with a range of people
- Be a good team player, adaptable and flexible in response to the needs of the service
- Have good IT skills and be familiar with MS office tools, including Word, Excel and Outlook, with the ability to learn and use internal systems
- Good written / recording skills as you will be taking minutes and communicating by email
- Have a clear understanding of confidentiality and data protection
- Work well in a team
- Positive attitude
GCSE grades A-C including Maths and English (or the equivalent).
This apprenticeship opportunity will help you develop the skills needed to work in an advanced administrative role as well as developing a range of skills and knowledge related to your workplace.
This apprenticeship standard will consist of a Level 3 diploma in Business Administration, Level 2 English and Maths (depending on your current attainment levels).
You will also be required to complete an End Point Assessment (EPA) which consists of the elements.