In this role you will be assisting and supporting the Global Services Team with a variety of administrative and sales tasks. The Global Services team manages a diverse pool of internationally located clients, whom are the industry leaders in their field. The team has to perform at an extremely high level in order to exceed our customers’ expectations. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing SME, with extensive opportunities to grow into a variety of business functions as their career progresses.
Candidates will be handling office tasks, providing polite and professional assistance via phone and e-mail across all departments and with customers. The ideal candidate will be keen, professional, polite and attentive; key skills you will need to succeed in a business environment and be a generally helpful and positive presence in the workplace.
Key objectives for the role will include:
- Processing sales order entries within agreed KPI’s and providing timely order confirmations to customers
- Answering telephone and transferring them to the appropriate staff member
- Ensuring delivery notes are processed within agreed timelines for all accounts under the specified team
- Providing weekly updates to customers on outstanding order reports
- Providing sales team with customer queries support, including delivery discrepancies, lead-time queries and any additional requirements
Key responsibilities will include:
- Attending regular team meetings and one-on-one review meetings with the Account Manager to build more effective communications, and to highlight training and development needs and communicate feedback on weekly events
- Providing timely feedback to sales manager on any customer and supplier issues regarding complaints and supply
- Adhering to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes
- Managing, where necessary, day to day supply chain issues to meet agreed SLA’s involving liaising with customers and suppliers
- Providing support and flexibility for additional divisions within Antistat as requested by Sales
- Arranging Pro-forma Invoices and acquiring payment details when necessary
- Responding to and providing POD (Proof of Delivery) requests as required
- Responding to delivery exceptions and informing customers of delays and subsequent updates to ETA’s as required
- Advising Account Manager of any equipment or building functional issues
- Ensuring personal development on new systems and processes are completed whilst ensuring daily responsibilities are not affected
- Conducting professional customer enquiry handling in a positive and informative manner maintaining high levels of customer service
This is a fantastic opportunity to further your administration skills and learn from a highly-experienced and growing team. You will also be working towards a widely-recognised Level 3 in Business Administration. We are committed to developing local talent for the future and have gone on to employ five apprentices over the last three years. It is an exciting time for the company as we expand into the US. At the end of your time with us, you will have a greater understanding of what we do and how closely our career offerings match your career ambitions.
Although desk based you will be required to liaise and visit other departments within the company (Warehouse for example). As well as using Microsoft Office you will be trained on our in-house CRM and Inventory Management programme. Your one hour for lunch and time for study will be included in your working hours.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Ability to follow instructions with a high attention to detail.
- Professional verbal and written skills.
- Willingness to learn a strong understanding of customer base and market dynamics and requirements.
- Willingness to fulfil a variety of tasks in order to find the best fit within the company.
- Ability to professionally interact and cooperate with all company employees.
- Confident in communicating with customers.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Professional, polite and attentive
- GCSE Grade A*-C (9-4) in maths and English, or equivalent - essential
- Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship
- Functional skills if needed