What will the apprentice be doing?
- Typing, photocopying, and printing.
- Answering the phone to customer enquiries.
- Keeping the centre tidy.
- Checking stock availability and liaising with purchasing.
- Processing phone, email and web enquires and responding promptly.
- Use our database to access worksheets and lesson plans for students.
- Undertaking and managing projects as and when required.
- Analysing and reviewing statistical data.
- Plus other reasonable duties as part of a friendly team running a busy business.
Role within the Organisation:
- This is a key team role enabling teaching staff to work smoothly with carefully typed and organised teaching resources.
- This vacancy is in the office, working alongside, currently 4 full time staff.
Day to Day Contact:
- Responsible to the senior office staff who will supervise training in a kind and friendly way.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The apprentice will be working towards the Business Administrator Level 3 apprenticeship standard.
- All delivered within the work place via online training and at Colchester Institute Campus.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- A keen, enthusiastic, hard-working apprentice would be offered a full-time permanent role at the end of the apprenticeship. This could include taking on more responsibility and higher pay.
Reality CheckThis role does involve some flexibility of the working hours. Please consider the transport routes for getting to and from the workplace.
Skills RequiredAttention to detail, Organisation skills, Administrative skills, Friendly and positive, Desire to work hard, Confident telephone manner, Professional appearance, Punctual and reliable, A belief in the business ethos, Kind and caring
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent maths and English (Grade 9-4/A*-C) Essential