You will use and develop skills to assist primarily in the administration of fundraising, marketing, and finance activities, to welcome visitors to the Mission Office and to serve the administration needs of the Mission Office and the Charity.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the guidance and supervision of the Mission Office Administrator, the Administration Assistant will participate in and contribute primarily to the following duties:
- Data entry of donations, creating and updating donor records and responding to donor enquiries received by post (direct mail) and via promotional events (e.g. mission appeals).
- Answer the telephone. This includes transferring calls, passing on messages, taking credit/debit card payments, responding to enquiries and updating donor records in the Mission Office customer relations management database (Donorflex).
- Monitor Mission Office email accounts, in particular firstname.lastname@example.org. This includes forwarding emails, responding to enquiries and updating donor records in the Mission Office customer relations management database (Donorflex).
- Maintenance of the telephone system to serve the needs of the Mission Office and the Solihull House.
- Design and order promotional items, stationery and office supplies (e.g. calendar).
- Sale of merchandise (e.g. Subanen Christmas Cards), including ordering and monitoring stock, promotion/advertising, processing and sending orders.
- Maintenance of our Purchase Ordering System using Sage 50 Cloud Software.
- Welcome, guide and assist visitors to the Mission Office. This includes deliveries/collections by couriers and other services, suppliers and maintenance visits, and members of the general public wishing to donate, request a Mass, purchase items for sale, or meet with a priest.
- Maintain and update the reception area and welcome desk, including the Visitor’s Log, health & safety equipment and supplies, and Columban promotional items on display.
- Administration of room hire for meetings and events held at the Solihull House. This includes handling enquiries, formalising the booking, keeping a diary, and briefing the ‘event organiser’.
- Provide secretarial and administration support to the Regional Director, Bursar, Mission Office Administrator and to the Columban community.
- Participate in meetings of the Mission Office staff and undertake tasks and duties that arise which contribute to effective and efficient administration in the Mission Office.
What can we offer you?
- An additional week of holiday (6.6) Vs 5.6 as advised by the government.
- The Charity grants up to 4 discretionary days of holiday over the Christmas period when the office is closed.
- Discretionary Christmas bonus.
- Discretionary paid compassionate leave and Occupational Sick Pay.
- Flexible working hours.
- Invitation to Charity conferences and webinars.
- Free parking on site.
- Unlimited tea and coffee.
- Close to Widney Manor Train Station (0.6 miles).
Want to find out more about us?
- Visit https://columbans.co.uk/
- A permanent opportunity for the right individual with the option of further qualifications.
- Competency in Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Accuracy, attention to detail and an aptitude for problem solving
- Excellent verbal & communication skills
- Capable of working independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Confidence in building relationships with various stakeholders
- Confident and courteous with people on the telephone, in person and in correspondence by letter and e-mail
- A team player
- Willing to learn and adapt to new ways of working
- Responsible for undertaking core learning for the role
- Ambitious, innovative, target driven and self-motivated
- There are no entry requirements for this position
- Paragon Skills is a leading national Apprenticeship training provider supporting over 4,000 learners through their training, and 1,500 organisations to consistently deliver high quality Apprenticeships across their businesses. Paragon Skills achieves some of the highest success and achievement rates in the industry. Its extensive experience across multiple specialisms has contributed to an overall achievement rate of 71.4% (2018/19) exceeding the national average of 65.6%, and an Ofsted Grade 2 Good rating.
- Upon successful completion of this 18 month programme you will have achieved: Level 3 Business Admin