This Customer Service Apprenticeship offers you the chance to earn a salary, gain valuable work experience and new skills, whilst being supported to achieve a professional qualification. This is an opportunity not only to build your skills and confidence, but will also open up a wealth of possibilities for your future career within the NHS and its unique workforce.
We are looking for individuals who are enthusiastic, self-motivated, committed as well as caring and respectful. You will also be keen to learn and willing to be flexible to meet the changing demands of the service.
Duties to include:
- To provide administrative & clerical support to the Medical Division, by typing general internal & external correspondence for members of the team and compiling routine correspondence as required.
- To answer phone calls in an efficient manner and to ensure these are either escalated or dealt with promptly.
- Deal with general telephone enquiries from the patients, wards and other hospitals and pass on as appropriate.
- To open and sort incoming/outgoing mail for the Division.
- To provide administrative & clerical support to the Medical Division by typing documents and inputting data on to spreadsheets.
- To assist the Division with monitoring and validation of patient waiting lists.
- To support the Divisional administrative team in general day to day duties.
- To communicate effectively with a wide variety of clients and members of the Multi-disciplinary Team.
- There may be an opportunity to carry out customer facing duties such as Reception Responsibilities or some ward or department admin
Potential for permanent role or progression within the NHS on completion of the apprenticeship.
Please be aware that job adverts may close before the published closing date, if we have a high volume of applications, so we recommend getting your application in as quickly as possible.
- Computer literate
- Good written and verbal communication
- Caring and respectful
- Be tactful in sesitive situations
- Keen to learn
- Be flexible to meet the changing demands of the service
- English Level 2 is essential - GCSE grade C/4 or above, or equivalent in Functional Skills Level 2.
- Maths Level 1 is essential - GCSE grade D/3 or above, or equivalent in Functional Skills Level 1.
Candidates must NOT have a degree level qualification or higher in Business Administration, Customer Service, or a similar related subject.
Have NOT completed an NVQ/QCF/Apprenticeship Standard Level 2 or higher in Business Administration or Customer Service or have considerable prior experience in an administrative or customer facing role.Candidates who have previously started or part completed a Business Administration Level 2 or Customer Service Level 2 Apprenticeship, are requested to declare this on their application form.
Training through HWGTA normally comprises of five days per week in company with one day release as and when required at our Training Centre at McKenzie Way WR4 9GN, doing an appropriate course of study. Functional Skills maths, English (if required).
A monthly monitoring visit in company will also take place, during which we make ourselves available for discussion about any special training that may be useful to you, and to identify and resolve problems if they arise.
At the end of your training period you will be put through to an end point assessment with an external verifier where you will showcase and evidence your knowledge, skills and behaviours.
In addition, the training programme includes an optional 5-day team building residential course, usually held in April/May each year.