Administration Apprentice - Information Governance Officer
Stockport Metropolitan Borough Council
GP STRATEGIES TRAINING LIMITED
The Information Governance team is responsible for the coordination and delivery of the council’s statutory responsibilities under various information management laws and best practices. We work across all council services and council partners providing expert advice and guidance under the leadership of the council’s statutory Data Protection Officer (DPO) and Information Governance Team Manager.
Specific duties will include:
- Monitoring the team email inboxes and responding to or escalating queries to Senior Officers
- Answering telephone calls and providing advice on Data Protection and Freedom of Information queries
- Logging new requests for access to information, using both dedicated software and Windows based systems
- Locating and retrieving electronic and paper records to compile responses to requests
On completion of the 14 month apprenticeship program, depending on performance, you may be offered a full time role within the Council and have the chance for career progression.
You will also assist with recording and responding to Freedom of Information Requests and giving advice to other Council officers, along with helping to develop, deliver and grow the Information Governance traded service, operating within the local health, social care and education sectors.
For more information on the ANMW, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Organisation skills
- Decision making and teamworking
- Good communication skills - telephone, email and face to face
- Case management skills
- Computer skills and time management
- Approachable and enthusiastic
- Maths and English GCSE grade C or above (or the equivalent)
Business Administrator Level 3 (Standard)
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.