What will the apprentice be doing?
- Provide general administrative support, e.g. photocopying, filing, emailing, completion of documentation, responding to routine correspondence
- Maintain manual and computerised records and / or management information systems
- Assist in producing journals / invoices for charges relating to commercial operations within Operational In-House Services
- Take minutes / notes at meetings and circulate to attendees, e.g. staff meetings / TU discussions (if required)
- Sorting and distributing internal and external mail
- Provide routine clerical support in relation to the production and distribution of work
- Post holder will be trained in the use of all Computer Systems such as Mayrise, Cleric and Icon
- Answering telephone calls from both internal and external bodies
- Operate office equipment, e.g. photocopier; printer etc.
- Communicate with managers and supervisors on a regular basis and provide information / service updates when requested.
- Work as part of a team, appreciating and supporting the role of other people within the team and develop an understanding of the service
- Attend and participate in meetings as required
- Undertake personal development through training and other learning activities, including performance management as required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Qualification - Level 3 Business Administrator
- The training will be delivered at the workplace
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Apprentice will receive on programme support from an Apprenticeship Officer and Careers, Information, Advice and Guidance support during the last 2 months of their Apprenticeship contract
- Job seeking support is also included
Reality CheckThe post is based at Hawthorne Road Depot, Hawthorne Road, Bootle, Merseyside L20 9PR
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Team working, Initiative, Patience
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade (4-9)(C-A*)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade (4-9)(C-A*)) Essential