What will the apprentice be doing?
Your apprenticeship with Vertu, will be diverse, fast paced, with no two days being the same. As well as having regular meetings with your Apprenticeship provider (LSP) and completing your course work, you will also be a fully-fledged member of our team, learning and building relationships.
Based at Vertu’s Renault Bradford site your key duties will include:
- Maintain accurate vehicle records, including deal files that comply with all Group and legal requirements.
- Refer to the Group vehicle admin policy.
- Ensure all ancillaries such as warranties, service plans, roadside assistance and gap insurance are registered within the agreed timescales
- Process deals through the system in a timely fashion and in accordance with Group and legal requirements.
- Accurately order vehicles in line with dealership guidelines.
- Maintain relationships both internally and externally.
- Be an active member of the team by providing accurate information in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain all relationships in a manner in keeping with the company values at all times.
- Document Management: accurately manage and co-ordinate the distribution of documents within the Sales Department and with other departments.
- Demonstrate the ability to work to deadlines and adapt a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Engage with peers across the Group to share best practice.
- Behave in a manner consistent with Group values
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship.
This apprenticeship programme is delivered with a blended learning approach and includes a mixture of onsite tutor visits and online tutor led sessions. All delivery is completed in the workplace and you will not need to attend any off-site training.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This is a fantastic opening to apply for permanent employment in a varied and ever expanding industry. Vertu Motors has an enviable reputation for well trained, high quality staff and this is a career opportunity not to be missed.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Math's (Grade 4/C) Essential