What will the apprentice be doing?
The Administration Apprentice will provide a level of service to clients and referrers of work such that Andrew & Andrew is their preferred firm of solicitors and one which they will recommend to others. The postholder will provide a comprehensive, pro-active support to departments as and when necessary.
The Administration Apprentice will be responsible for assisting teams with filing and general administration. Other duties to include:
- Undertaking photocopying as and when required
- Typing attendance notes using the DPS system
- Covering reception during busy periods, annual leave, lunch and tea breaks
- Inputting data into the Cognito system whilst on reception
- Supporting on-going projects
- Keeping your work area tidy
- Training and assisting other members of the team where necessary
- Complying with Law Society/Lexcel standards/Office manual/contract of employment
- Attending department meetings
- Ensuring all enquiries are responded to in a timely manner
- Organising workload, files, dictation, telephone, emails and faxes
- Undertaking relevant internal and external training where required
- Communicating with all departments, cross selling the firms skills to existing clients where possible
- Keeping accurate hard and electronic records
This job description does not purport to cover all aspects of the job holder’s duties but it is intended to be indicative of the main areas of responsibility. You may be required to undertake duties at reasonable request.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard.
- You will complete a 15 month apprenticeship which includes 10 days at the PETA training centre in Cosham.
- You will be supported every 6 weeks with visits from your PETA Learning & Development Coach.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There is the potential for a full-time permanent position to be offered to the suitable and successful candidate upon completion of the apprenticeship. A few employees have joined via this method in the past.
Reality CheckBenefits: Free tea, coffee and soft drinks. Holiday allowance plus Bank Holidays. Christmas office closure. Office easily accessible by public transport. We would encourage early submissions of applications, as these will be considered on receipt and suitable candidates invited for interview. We reserve the right to withdraw the advertisement early if the vacancy is filled before the closing date.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Administrative skills, Analytical skills, Team working, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade C/4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Essential
A Level or equivalent Any relevant (Grade D) Desired
BTEC or equivalent Any relevant (Grade Level 3) Desired