What will the apprentice be doing?
magenta insurance (part of the Aston Lark Group) are a Chartered MGA, with Lloyd's Broker status. We specialise in non-standard property insurance and have an excellent long-standing reputation.
The role involves:
- Supporting the Business Development team by performing all administrative tasks
- Issuing documents to Clients and Brokers
- Calling Brokers to get updates on quotes
- Working from a busy inbox and replying to emails.
You will need to be self- motivated and driven to succeed. We are looking for a good communicator. Previous telephone or customer service experience will be beneficial but we will support you with training on all aspects including telephone techniques, and our range of different Property Insurance policies, as well as the opportunity to study for professional qualifications through the Cert CII as part of your apprenticeship.
This represents an excellent opportunity to start a career in the insurance industry with in a small, friendly office, of a highly technical office that can give opportunities to progress in to roles in Business development, Business support and Property Underwriting.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
We are looking for you to have:
- Excellent communication skills over the telephone and in writing
- Planning, organisational and time-management skills
- Willingly provides help and support for others
- Eye for detail with accurate data entry and typing skills
- Computer literate
- Minimum 5 GCSE’s at grade A-C, preferably including English and Maths
- Insurance experience would be an advantage but not essential
- An understanding of office administration would be an advantage
- Experience with taking phone calls
You will have opportunity to study for professional qualifications through the Cert CII, London Market insurance and Cert CILA (level 3 Insurance Practitioner) as part of your apprenticeship.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Once you have completed your level three apprenticeship, you may wish to progress further into your insurance qualifications and study for the Insurance Diploma. You may wish to seek wider opportunities within our Group and become a New Business Account Handler, generating growth and development for the company, or you might want to broaden your skills and become an Account Handler, owning your own portfolio of clients delivering superior levels of customer service.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Customer care skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Team working
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths & English (Grade 4) Essential