The purpose of the role is to:
- Offer general assistance to the practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone
- Receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way
- Undertake a variety of administrative duties to assist in the smooth running of the practice, including the provision of photocopying, managing tasks within clinical system and clerical support to clinical staff and other members of the practice team
- Facilitate effective communication between patients, members of the primary health care team, secondary care and other associated healthcare agencies
For the right candidate who proves to be hardworking and flexible in relation to their role along with the dedication to successfully complete their apprenticeship the long term prospects of a full time role are excellent.
- You will have excellent communication skills
- You will understand the importance of confidentiality
- You will understand the importance of excellent customer service has to our service
- Ability to use own initiative
- Flexible approach to work
- Well presented, polite and well spoken
Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to establish course suitability. Ideally applicants should have at least 4 GCSEs including English and maths at grades 9- 4 for a Level 3 Apprenticeship and 9-3 for a Level 2.
Proof of qualifications will be required before you can be accepted onto the apprenticeship.
PLEASE NOTE: All applicants regardless of entry requirements will be emailed an Initial Assessment to complete as part of the recruitment procedure. This is an online assessment in English and maths and can be completed at your preferred location remotely. Currently, due to COVID19 we are not offering Initial Assessment appointments at either campus. Those without the stated entry requirements or awaiting GCSE/GCSE retake grades, will be offered further advice and guidance to support their application if required.
Attendance: All assessment and training is undertaken in the workplace.
On-programme learning: Business Administrator Standard and Diploma for the Business Administrator
End-point assessment: City & Guilds