To participate as an Administration Apprentice and to efficiently undertake administration and clerical duties for the department and organisation.
To undertake a course of study to attain Level 3 in Business Administration, either on a day-release basis or as a placement with workplace-based ‘on the job’ training and assessment.
To work alongside the Asset Management Administrator in carrying out the following:
- Update and maintain the asset management database and other information bases to ensure that they are up to date, regularly audited and fit for purpose
- Provide operational and management reports from the database
- Support others in the organisation in using the asset management database
- Maintain procedures for areas of work
- Enable communication with customers, staff and contractors on the asset management database including programme works, aid and adaptations asbestos data etc.
- Provide an administrative service to the Asset Management team to include written communication to customers; telephone support for the team; minute taking, and any other administrative duties
Ensure that the approved contractors list is administered effectively to an auditable standard including all pre-qualification information and updates on liability insurance and registrations of bodies e.g. gas safe.
With support and guidance from the Asset Management Administrator and the wider Asset Management team, the Administration Apprentice will work towards being competent in the following:
- To update and maintain the database including the entry of stock condition data and any information that relates to the planned maintenance programme e.g. refusals, valuations etc.
- To audit the data held and perform quality checks on a regular basis
- To maintain the approved Contractor list for Asset Management and co-ordinate approvals including Pre-Qualification Questionnaires in accordance with company standing orders and processes
- To manage requests for disabled adaptations from OT’s, including getting permissions signed off, sharing asbestos data, updating the asset management database and liaising with customers
- To assist with the tendering process and other procurement exercises
- Co-ordination and production of North Devon Homes’ notifications and updates to customers receiving Planned Maintenance Works
- To co-ordinate, monitor and liaise with all aspects of customer satisfaction processes
- To raise Purchase Orders for the Asset Management Team
- To maintain contract files
- To carry out job specific support work as directed by your line manager
- To produce letters, agendas and departmental/customer promotion material
- To obtain and collate project specific information to inform and produce Key Performance Indicators
- To coordinate and attend planned maintenance meetings where directed, take and produce minutes, and be responsible for internal and external circulation
- To be responsible for filing and general administration duties as directed including organising and updating of electronic filing systems
- Assist your line manager with the production of Policies and Procedures and to ensure that your own area of work is covered by procedures
- To complete allocated work within target time scales
- To deliver good customer satisfaction
- Committed to continuing professional development
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Knowledge of housing is desirable
- Knowledge of construction and property repair terminology is desirable
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to cross work with other members of staff
- Demonstrable ability to use standard word-processing, spreadsheet and messaging software such as MS Word, Excel and Outlook and databases such as MS Access, Keystone, ROCC, Academy or similar
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and manage own programmes of work
- Ability to build and sustain effective working relationships with all stakeholders, specifically customers, colleagues and contractors
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise workloads and meet performance targets
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing for a wide range of audiences including customers, work colleagues and contractors
- GCSE Grade 4/C or equivalent qualification in Mathematics and English plus 3 other relevant GCSEs at grade 4/C or above or equivalent
- European Driving Licence qualification or equivalent IT qualification desirable
- Level 3 business administrator apprenticeship