British Cables Company:
With our origins dating back to 1895, our facility in Blackley, Manchester has become firmly established as one of the most respected manufacturers of high-quality cables for building management, telecommunications and infrastructure applications. You’ll find customers for our products throughout the UK and around the world in many different market sectors.
Overview: --- Sales Support Apprentice
We are now looking for an eager candidate to join us as an apprentice.
You will have the opportunity to gain valuable skills, knowledge and experience as you complete a Data Analyst- Level 3 Apprenticeship.
To support the growth of the business we are recruiting for a sales support apprentice. As a sales support apprentice you will provide a high level of support to BCC’s sales team, customers and partners.
In this varied role you will learn how to liaise with new customers, existing customers and effectively promote BCC’s product range.
Other duties will include:
- Sales order processing
- Helping to produce forecasts and reports
- Following up on customer quotes
- Supporting the sales team with administrative tasks
- Following up on marketing campaigns
- Support with social media campaigns
The successful candidate will be enrolled on a Data essential apprentice framework with an external training provider, this will lead to a full-time position with the company following successful completion of the qualification and internal company appraisals.
What we are looking for:
Experience is not essential at apprentice level but any experience in a customer facing role or of a technical nature would be advantageous.
Skills and qualities:
- An interest in manufacturing
- Excellent communications skills, written and spoken
- Computer literate
- Polite and professional telephone manner
- Well organised
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
The entry requirements for this programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
£14,641 per annum - rising to £20,917 on completion of apprenticeship.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.