Are you looking for a career with the opportunity to learn while you earn? Do you want to be a part of a Global company who will invest in your development and future career?
We put the customer at the heart of everything that we do, and we need like-minded people to join us on our journey.
Our Actuarial Apprenticeship is a great opportunity for someone who would like to start a career with one of the world’s most successful insurance companies. You’ll be able to earn and learn in an apprenticeship role that will give you a real job with real responsibility from day one in a truly global company.
So what will you be doing?
As an actuarial analyst within our Life insurance business you will use statistical models to analyse data and calculate the probability and costs associated with certain events relating to our protection and savings products. For example, this may include:
- Considering the pricing of our products
- Calculating reserves
- Setting assumptions for expected claims
As a certified actuarial analyst at Zurich, your job will be to provide technical support in one or more areas from the following: financial data analysis & modelling, financial reporting, actuarial support for existing business, and product pricing & development. Day-to-day activities may include:
- Problem solving
- Building and coding models
- Creating and editing spreadsheets in Excel or analysing data and information
You will also study towards the "Certified Actuarial Analyst"qualification, certified by the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries.
It's a big challenge, but you’ll have a truly diverse network helping you. As an aspiring individual, you’ll be encouraged and guided to develop the skills you need. And as part of a diverse international team, you’ll have all the opportunities you need to learn and grow, both personally and professionally.
To find out more and apply, please visit www.zurich.co.uk/earlycareers
- Permanent role as an Actuary
- Opportunities throughout the business
- Please ensure that you apply for the position as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. The closing date is a rough guideline as to when an advert will close. The advert may close before the given closing date if the employer has filled the position(s)
- BPP have a dedicated team who support students with disabilities, learning difficulties, health conditions and wellbeing.
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries or would like more information
- Strong IT skills, knowledge of Excel preferable (but not essential)
- Able to develop and apply technical skills
- Appetite to learn and achieve professional qualifications (CAA Global)
- Good communication skills
- Able to support the implementation of change
- Effective personal planning and organisation
- Able to build effective personal relationships
- Customer focused
- Team player
- Learns quickly
- 2 A-Level’s including 1 in mathematics (or equivalent) at Grade B or above
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C/4 including maths and English Language
- A professional attitude with a positive ‘can do’ approach to your work
- As an Actuarial Apprentice with BPP, you will complete the Actuarial Technician Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship Standard
- Upon successful completion of this apprenticeship you will achieve CAA Modules 0 and 1 and it will provide a progression route into study for further actuarial qualifications