Activity Leadership Apprenticeship
SLM Community Leisure Charitable Trust
LIFETIME TRAINING GROUP LIMITED
Your duties will include:
- Provide exceptional customer service to all members
- Assisting with gym tours and inductions
- Support the centre swim teaching team to deliver exceptional swimming lessons
- Adopting a customer service focussed and commercial approach to swimming lesson sales and retention, similar to that traditionally seen in the fitness environment
- Showing members how to use the gym equipment and machines
- Creating personal exercise places for members
- Support and deliver community engagement linked to increasing swimming participation
- To support the coaching team when required to maintain continuity of teaching and excellent customer service
- To teach swimming when needed to fit the needs of the programme
- To cover lifeguard positions when needed to fit the needs of the swimming lesson programme and centre pool programme
- You will support the swimming lesson programme under the guidance of the General Manager or equivalent and the Regional Aquatics Manager
You will work a combination of Gym and Leisure side hours whilst working within the centre.
You will work towards your Activity Leadership Level 2 through work based learning delivered by Lifetime Training as well as your National Pool Lifeguarding Qualification and Level 2 Fitness Instructing Certificate, which is included in the Level 2 Activity Leadership Apprenticeship.
To be considered for this role, you must be a strong and confident swimmer.
If you are invited to interview for this role you will be required to complete a swim test as part of the interview process, in order to be considered for the role you must be able to demonstrate you are able to do the following:
- Jump/dive into deep water
- Swim 50 metres in no more than 60 seconds
- Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water and then tread water for 30 seconds
- Surface dive to floor of pool (deepest part)
- Climb out unaided without ladders/steps and where pool design permits
Possible progression onto further qualifications and a full-time position.
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early
- Working well in a team
- Candidates must be passionate about wanting to work within the leisure industry and willing to work towards their apprenticeship
No previous qualifications required.
Training to be provided:
- Intermediate (Level 2) Activity Leadership Apprenticeship Framework
- Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT, if required
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.