Registered Manager or other senior member of staff directed by the registered manager.
Purpose of Position:
To support in providing a varied and appropriate programme of activity, showing consideration for the needs, wishes and desires of the individual residents.
To promote and adhere to the Greensleeves Care workplace values of respect, openness and responsibility.
- Identify resident activity needs and wishes through assessment, observation and discussion
- Liaise with residents, relatives, friends and staff, to ensure full knowledge of each resident’s likes, dislikes, interests, abilities and difficulties
- Explore the most appropriate methods and resources for meeting activity needs including group events, individual sessions, involving internal and external resources and community-based resources
- Advertise and promote the planned programme in a manner which encourages
- involvement of all residents, relatives and staff
- Maintain written records of resident participation and evaluation of activities
- In conjunction with the Registered Manager, regularly review the resident needs, the programme of activities and levels of participation
- Assist with theme events as required, based on local holidays, traditions etc.
- Assist with outings as appropriate, giving consideration to safety needs and staffing requirements
- Participate in fund raising events as required
- Participate in training and support meetings as required
- Adhere to policies and procedures within the Home and Greensleeves Care
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed; the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by the manager from time to time.
Your career progression may take several different paths depending on where you find your passions lie, these include but are not limited to:
Progression on to the Level 3 Apprenticeship
With time and experience the right candidate could train to the level of an activities coordinator.
- Communicate and interact effectively with both residents and staff
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Demonstrate empathy and understanding of the needs of residents
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain professional throughout
- Ability to work as an individual
- Demonstrate empathy
- Team Player
- Willingness to undertake training
- To uphold confidentiality at all times
GCSE or equivalent A-C 9/4 maths & English
- Adult Care Apprenticeship Level 2 – activities coordinator pathway
- Functional Skills maths and English L1
- Care Certificate
- Mandatory training and full induction