What will the apprentice be doing?
Reporting directly to the Principal Acoustic Consultant in the London Office, and under the teams Technical Director you will take on a key support role within the team, providing project support for onsite monitoring, as well as office based tasks including 3D modelling and reporting.
You will assist the senior members of the acoustics team on a project basis to meet budgetary, quality and timeframe targets; whilst learning the basics of acoustics and noise assessment.
· Support in the undertaking of acoustic assessments, fully directed and supported by senior members of the team;
· Support in the undertaking of acoustic and other environmental monitoring surveys across the UK as directed and supported by senior team members;
· Data analysis, manipulation and interpretation to support in the preparation of technical reports;
· 3D Modelling using proprietary acoustic modelling software;
· Compliance with relevant H & S regulations and promoting a culture of awareness within the team; and,
· Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your manager or ARCADIS
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The Apprentice will work towards a Level 4 qualification in Accoustics with the London South Bank University. This is the equlivilent of a Higher National Certificate (HNC).
The qualification will be delivered as one full day of contact per week over three semesters over two consecutive academic years.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The apprentice will complete the apprenticeship as a full trained and qualified Acoustics Technician. They will then undertake further career paths in Arcadis to progress onto larger projects, lead teams etc
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 5 or C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5 or C) Essential