The key duties of the post are as follows:
- Bookkeeping - maintenance of client records on QuickBooks and TaxCalc, including sales and purchase invoice controls, receipts and payment analysis, bank reconciliations and VAT reconciliations
- Assist in preparation of company accounts preparation of various working papers, maintenance of client files and reporting to seniors at the agreed stage of completion
- VAT - preparation of quarterly VAT Returns for small size companies under the supervision of seniors
- Payroll preparation of monthly payroll
- Liaise with clients to ensure record delivery and accounts information in a timely fashion/manner
- General administration, reception, telephone answering, document scanning, client servicing, and support to Accountants
This apprenticeship can lead to full-time employment upon completion of this apprenticeship.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Confident and assertive with a can do attitude
- Good level of written and spoken English
- Self-motivated, using your own initiative and willing to learn
- Computer literate
- Flexible and able to work on your own or as part of a team
- Strong commitment and motivation with a respect for deadlines, ownership of tasks and working as a team
- Reliable and punctual
Four GCSEs at Grades A*-D or 9-3, including English Language and maths or equivalent, previous experience is not essential as full training will be provided however a desire to learn about the construction industry.
Accounts/Finance Assistant Level 2 Standard.
AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate:
- Bookkeeping Transactions
- Bookkeeping Controls
- Using Accounting Software
- Elements of Costing
- Foundation Synoptic