The key duties of the post are as follows:
- Bookkeeping - maintenance of client records on QuickBooks and TaxCalc, including sales and purchase invoice controls, receipts and payment analysis, bank reconciliations and VAT reconciliations
- Assist in preparation of company accounts preparation of various working papers, maintenance of client files and reporting to seniors at the agreed stage of completion
- VAT - preparation of quarterly VAT Returns for small size companies under the supervision of seniors
- Payroll preparation of monthly payroll
- Liaise with clients to ensure record delivery and accounts information in a timely fashion/manner
- General administration, reception, telephone answering, document scanning, client servicing, and support to Accountants
This apprenticeship can lead to full-time employment.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good customer service focus, pleasant and confident telephone manner and a happy-to-help approach
- Enjoys helping others and resolving queries and problems
- Able to adopt and follow standard processes, as well as challenge ways of working, with suggestions for improved efficiency and customer service
- Confident communicator, with the ability to liaise with all levels across the business and contribute in meetings
- Able to work in a dynamic and challenging environment, with flexibility to deal with change and different priorities
- Able to work with minimum supervision to tight deadlines and across different aspects of the role, on a rota basis
- Good general system skills, Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook
- Strong commitment and motivation with a respect for deadlines, ownership of tasks and working as a team
- Reliable and punctual
English and maths GCSE 9 - 4 or A* - C equivalent qualifications.
Accounts/Finance Assistant Level 2.
AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate.
- Bookkeeping Transactions
- Bookkeeping Controls
- Using Accounting Software
- Elements of Costing
- Foundation Synoptic