What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties will include but are not limited to;
- Inputting and uploading bank transactions daily and reconciling bank accounts across the Group
- Reconciling supplier statements against invoices on the accounts package
- Maintaining & updating spreadsheets with accuracy, and consistency
- Supporting the Payroll Manager with regards to the Expense system
- Processing payments to suppliers
- Assisting and processing for Month End close and posting of all associated journals
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The successful applicant will undertake the Assistant Accountant Level 3 apprenticeship, provided by our training partner Babington.
The apprenticeship is delivered virtually with access to a skills coach for support. 20% of working time will be allocated to learning toward the apprenticeship, this may be a whole day or split over two days.
The apprenticeship will last for approximately 15 months, following successful completion of the end assessment you will be awarded with the AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting Knowledge.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This is a permanent and full time role, Monday - Friday 8.30 - 5.30.
Upon completion you will continue in role and be rewarded with a gauranteed salary increase to a minimum of £23,000.
Thereafter you will be able to progress within the accounts department according to your own skills and interests.
Skills RequiredIT skills, Attention to detail, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4 (C)) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 (C)) Desired