The main purpose of the role will be to accurately maintain all accounting records. Working with the Head of Accounts and Managing Director for the efficient, effective and safe management of the Firm’s finances and aid in the development and implementation of financial policies and procedures.
Typical duties will include:
- Processing of cheque payments, debit/credit card payments and BACS payments - ensuring receipts are accurately allocated
- Keep up to date with settlement payments, ensuring payments are sent out to the client and fees accounted for in compliance with Solicitors Accounts Rules
- Produce and process client to office transfer reports on a daily basis and reporting the fees received
- Maintenance of an efficient purchase ledger system and dealing with purchase ledger queries
- Daily accounting functions- petty cash, writing cheques and setting up payments
- Ensure all financial filing filed and is kept up to date
- Providing cover for the credit controller-raising invoices
- Working with IT to improve workflows to make them more efficient
- Attend and participate in meetings as required and keep the Head of Accounts and Managing Director informed of any relevant issues
- Accurate and timely maintenance of the firm’s financial records in compliance with Solicitors Accounts Rules
- Timely and accurate accounting for receipts and settlements
- Maintenance of the purchase ledger
- Keeping all financial filing up to date
The duties in this job description are not exhaustive and may be altered at any time to reflect the changing needs of Brady Solicitors.
There will be future progression opportunities upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, if both the employer and the apprentice are happy.
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good organisational skills
- Computer literate
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
- Attention to detail
- An interest in accountancy
- Positive and can do attitude
- GCSEs or equivalents x 5 including maths and English
- A strong GCSE or equivalents in maths grade is desirable
- Accounts and Finance Level 2 Standard
- Maths Functional Skills Level 1 (if required)
- English Functional Skills Level 1 (if required)