As an Accounts Assistant Apprentice what will I be doing?
- Assist the Purchase Ledger Controller in day-to-day maintenance of the purchase ledger, including processing of 3rd party invoices and internal staff expenses
- Contacts and liaises with Budget holders for authorisation of invoices - and ensuring that these invoices are coded and recognised in the general ledger correctly
- Master data maintenance and control (i.e. new vendors set-up process and confirmation of bank details)
- Assist Business Partner in reconciliations of distributor statements and processing of distributor invoices
- To provide any other support to the Financial Controller and Finance team as required
- Developing and maintaining a strong relationship with peers across the business, including those outside of finance
- General administration tasks, such as photocopying, scanning, faxing, printing and sorting/filing/sending forms
Full training will be given in this challenging and varied role to ensure that the apprentice has the skills and expertise to become a permanent member of the team upon completion of the apprenticeship programme. Wage reviewed and increased based on performance.
Please do not contact the employer directly. Learning Skills Partnership is the main point of contact for this vacancy as we are providing a full recruitment service for the employer.
- Knowledge of MS office packages
- Knowledge of Outlook email
- Excellent team working skills
- Good communication skills (internal and external)
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- A strong customer service focus and the ability to build effective relationships with employees and external stakeholders and suppliers
- Ability to liaise with employees at all levels within the organisation
- Proactive, organised and methodical
Maths and English at Grade 4 (or equivalent) and above desirable although not essential.
- Level 3 Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship
- This apprenticeship programme is delivered with a blended learning approach and includes a mixture of on site tutor visits and online tutor led sessions
- All delivery is completed in the workplace and you will not need to attend any off-site training