We are looking for a motivated, reliable, hardworking individual who is passionate about helping businesses grow. We are a close knit team with a strong family ethos, and are looking for someone to join us.
Initially this role will be to help and support our accounting team, this will include duties such as:
- Anti-money laundering reports
- Bank reconciliations etc.
We will require someone with great computer skills as our firm is 100% online using many pieces of software to help our clients run their business. Predominately we use Xero and we will expect you to complete your Xero certification when starting with us.
We have a great relationship with all of our clients, and will be looking for someone with great customer service skills to assist with the following:
- Able to answer the phones
- Reply to emails
- Give advice to our clients
Our aim is to progress you through your level 3 &4 AAT so that by the end of your apprenticeship you will be working as an accountant in our accounting team. Dependent on your experience as you go through your apprenticeship we will give you more responsibility within the accounts department, including:
- Completing some quarterly reviews
- VAT returns
- Year-end accounts
- Assisting in the preparation of tax computations
We will provide you with the tools to take the initiative and proactively take responsibility for completing tasks and meeting expectations. We are keen to find someone who is confident with people, and who will fit into our family environment.
Our goal is to help the successful candidate complete their AAT qualification (including level 4). Once qualified, they will become one of our accounting team completing compliance work for our clients.
This role is office-based working on a computer. The role will be customer orientated and you will be required to communicate with our clients via phone, zoom meetings, face to face meetings and email. The role will involve a selection of different tasks all to be completed to deadlines, this can sometimes feel pressurised so will suit an applicant who works well under pressure and is target driven. Whilst completing your AAT your role will be office based. However, once qualified this could become a hybrid working from home and office on a rota system.
- Strong computer skills
- Customer service skills
- Strong written communication skills
- A basic understanding of accountancy & business
- Good attention to detail
- Understands Excel
- A friendly and approachable manner
- An interest in business and technology
- Works well under pressure
- A good team player
- At least GCSE 4(C) in maths and English, or equivalent, is essential
- 3 A-Levels or equivalent qualifications
- AAT level 2
- Level 3 Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship
- Level 3 AAT Qualification