Accounts Apprentice - Finance Analyst
BT Human Resources & Development
An Assistant Accountant provides support to internal and external customers and will work predominately either as an assistant accountant within practice or alternatively within the finance function of an organisation.
- Part of their role will involve assisting in the day to day financial activities such as data entry to month end management accounts and/or year-end financial statements
- In addition the Assistant Accountant may find themselves involved in internal financial audit requirements, such as reconciliations regarding the Apprenticeship Levy and management of the Apprentice Service Account
This apprenticeship will require travel between other sites around the UK so a driver’s licence will be essential.
The interview and start dates are flexible.
In an organisation as big and complex as this, there's a plenty of opportunities on offer. Of course, it's up to you to make the most of them. But once you set your direction, our Academy has the tools and resources you need to achieve your career goals.
Benefits including parking, 22 days / Auto enrolled onto BT Retirement Savings Scheme / See BT Careers website. Please apply for this role directly on the employers website - https://www.btplc.com/Careercentre/earlycareers/apprentices/ourprogrammes/Finance/index.htm
- Must have a full driving licence with no more than 6 points in order to travel between sites across the UK
- Good numeracy skills
- Good communication skills
- Will to learn and work hard
5 GCSEs at grades 9-4 (GCSE A*-C or above or equivalent) including English Language and maths.
Maths must be a grade 6 (B or above or equivalent).
AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting – Level 3 with Level 2 bolt on's (Bookkeeping Units).
The Advanced Diploma in Accounting covers a range of complex accounting tasks, including maintaining cost accounting records and the preparation of reports and returns. You’ll learn and master a number of accounting disciplines including financial processes, advanced bookkeeping, final accounts and ethical practices for accountants.
Top five skills you will gain:
- The importance of professional ethics in the working environment
- Use of spreadsheets to manage information in the accounting environment
- Analysing variances
- Reconciling ledgers
- Making provisions for doubtful and irrecoverable debts
Please apply for this role directly on the employers website - https://www.btplc.com/Careercentre/earlycareers/apprentices/ourprogrammes/Finance/index.htm
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.