What will the apprentice be doing?
- Responsibility for all routine aspects of AP, ensuring all deadlines met.
- Ad hoc analysis and reporting.
- Audit reporting.
- Process expenses claims for all staff.
- Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Journal entries-month end processing.
- Financial Statement preparation month end (Cover).
- Group month end declarations (Cover).
- Cover for periods of leave (Credit Controller/Senior Accounts Assistant).
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The Finance Data Technician apprenticeship equips individuals with the ability to source, format and present data securely for analysis using basic methods. Apprentices will learn to analyse structured and unstructured data to support business outcomes, blend data from multiple sources and communicate outcomes appropriately to their audience.
We have combined this with essential accounting skills so that your finance data technician can communicate effectively with your wider team. A Finance Data Technician apprentice will be responsible for collecting and processing data under the guidance of a senior colleague or multiple colleagues across the business.
With both accounting knowledge and a high competency in digital skills, your data technician apprentice will be able to support your wider team and implement efficiencies.
Training will be delivered through our flexible live online classes. The following training modules are completed by apprentices on this standard:
- Microsoft Office Specialist: Excel Associate.
- Data Literacy.
- Bookkeeping (self-paced On Demand).
- Data Analysis and Visualisation with Excel.
- Final Accounts Preparation (FAPR) (self-paced On Demand).
- Databases and Data Modelling
- Data Challenge - This three-day workshop will take the learner through a practical application of a data Project.
- Indirect Tax (IDRX) (self-paced On Demand).
Every Apprenticeship includes an End Point Assessment (EPA), assessed by an independent End Point Assessment Organisation (EPAO). The apprentice will take their EPA at the end of their programme where they will demonstrate they are competent in the role that they have developed in.
This apprenticeship end point assessment will include:
- Professional Discussion underpinned by portfolio.
- Scenario demonstrations with questioning.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
outcome for improvement interdepartmental or within department.
Reality CheckBenefits Include: Statutory holidays + 25 days of which 3 are set aside for the Christmas holiday period. Pension- Employer contribution 3%, Employee contribution minimum 5%. Benefits Group life insurance@ 2 times salary, subsidised gym membership, free parking.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Team working
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent math (Grade 9/A*-4/C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 9/A*-4/C) Essential
A Level or equivalent 3x A-levels (Grade A-C) Essential
Other AAT Level 2 (Grade pass) Desired