Working within a small and friendly team, the role will initially be a mixture of office administration and client work, becoming more client focussed with training and experience.
The job will include both on-site and day-release training.
Working with and reporting to other members of staff.
Day-to-day duties the role involves:
- Data Entry
- VAT returns
- Year End financial statements
- Final accounts preparation
- Call Answering
- Preparing year end accounts for limited companies, sole traders and partnerships
- Preparing personal and corporation tax returns
- Preparing P11Ds
The right candidate will be able to continue their professional development onto professional qualifications such ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) or ACA (Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales).
Holiday allowance is 20 days plus bank holidays. There will be elements of the role which are office administration and not client related and therefore not the most exciting tasks but necessary for the business. December and January are the busiest time of the year for the industry and therefore the only holiday allowed in these months are the days between Christmas and New Year.
- Comfortable with working with numbers
- Analytical with a good attention to detail
- Good organisational skills
- Able to create a methodical approach
- Good at listening
- Happy to work within a team environment
- A good work ethic
- A minimum of grade C/4 in GCSE English and maths, or equivalent
- Level 3 Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship
- Level 3 AAT Qualification
- Functional skills if needed