- You will be working in our Accounts Office as an Accounts Assistant whilst studying towards your Level 2 AAT qualification. We aim to complement the AAT program by providing on the job knowledge and mentorship.
- You can expect regular quarterly review meetings with your Line Manager and College Tutor.
Your duties will include:
- Purchase ledger duties
- Coding of hotel supplier invoices
- Ensuring all invoices have been received
- Recording of allowances
- Monitor hotel usage of utilities/meter readings
- Posting supplier invoices on to accounting system
- Recording of hotel’s petty cash expenditure
- Income audit/reporting on daily revenues
- Food invoice audit/food costing control
- Maintaining the Time & Attendance system
- Assisting with departmental stock take
- Recording of hotels daily takings
There will be an initial fixed term contract of one year paying the Apprenticeship wage of £4.50 per hour. In return, we will pay for your qualification. If you are successful, there will be an opportunity to extend for another year.
This is a full time role, working Monday to Friday, however during term times one of your working days will be spent at East Sussex College. During college holidays, you are expected at work five days a week.
You may be able to then progress onto the level 3 Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship and apply for a job role as an accounts assistant if the vacancy comes up.
You will required to attend day release at Eastbourne Campus, one day per week, term time only.
The application process will consist of the following:
- Applicants will apply and upload their CVS with a covering letter
- All applicants will be screened and shortlisted
- Telephone screening by either the Accounts Manager or Personnel Manager
- 1st Interviews carried out by the Accounts Manager
- Trial shift for 2 hours to visit department/team
The essential skills for the role include:
- Good command of the English language, both written and verbal
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Confidence with numbers
The essential personal qualities for the role include:
- Keen to learn and adaptable to changing demands
- You must also take ownership for your own learning and development
- Good attention to detail
Applicants must have a Grade A-C/4-9/Level 2 GCSE maths and English or any other equivalent.
- Level 2 Accounts / Finance Assistant Apprenticeship Standard
Learners will study the following topics:
- Bookkeeping Transactions
- Bookkeeping Controls
- Elements of Costing
- Using Accounting Software
- Working Effectively in Finance
Qualifications/Certifications achieved on completion:
- Apprenticeship Certificate (Pass or Distinction)
- Level 2 AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grade D-E or level 3-2) unless exempt
20% of your contracted working hours will be spent on training. Training will include your day release to college, as well as in-house, on the job training, putting together a portfolio of evidence, completing your diploma, mock assessments and so on. You will be required to keep a log of all your training.