Currently based in the UK, the US and Singapore, we have ambitious plans for continued growth and we are now seeking an ambitious apprentice to join the accounts team in our Cambridge office. Working closely with the Finance Manager and Accounts Assistants, from whom you will receive one-to-one training, you will contribute to the smooth running of the company’s global in-house finance operations.
The successful candidate will work towards Level 2 of the AAT qualification, which usually takes between 12 and 18 months to complete. Classroom-based training will be provided to supplement the on-the-job training and support provided by Costello Medical.
Following completion of the apprenticeship, which is expected to last 18 months, there is the possibility of a permanent position with the option of further study.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Sales ledger: preparing and sending invoices, including liaising with clients regarding payment
- Purchase ledger: processing supplier invoices and responding to payment enquiries
- Expenses: processing internal and recharged expenses
- Entering transactions into our financial software
- Administering petty cash, across multiple currencies, held by the company
- Ad-hoc financial administrative support
You should be proactive, dynamic and eager to take on new challenges. You should also value the opportunity to develop your skills through formal training and by gaining experience in a fast-paced and friendly office environment.
To be successful in this role, you will also need:
- B grade or higher in GCSE maths and English; A-levels would also be an advantage
- Excellent numerical skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Good organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
- Experience using the Microsoft Office suite is desirable
What We Offer:
- A starting salary of between £13,000 to £14,000
- Full funding and study leave to complete the Level 2 AAT qualification
- 25 days holiday per annum in addition to bank holidays
- 4% employer pension contributions and a salary-exchange-for-pension scheme
- Flexible working hours
On completion of the apprenticeship, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to join in a permanent position as an Accounts Assistant. There will also be opportunities to further their studies via external training courses.
The successful candidate would need to have excellent written and verbal communication skills. As well as good organisational and problem-solving skills.
The successful candidate should be proactive, dynamic and eager to take on new challenges. You should also value the opportunity to develop your skills through formal training and by gaining experience in a fast-paced and friendly office environment.
A-B/8-6 grade or higher in GCSE maths and English; A-levels would also be an advantage (or equivalents).
Level 3 Assistant Accountant apprenticeship (incl. level 2 modules depending on candidate prior experience).