This is an ideal for a candidate who wishes to progress and complete their accounting qualification. The role involves regular and direct communication with clients to identify and establish requirements, client onboarding process and CRM.
The successful candidate will be regularly liaising with the production team to identify and iron out bookkeeping and accounting issues as well as work with senior members of the team to address them. Once fully equipped, they should be able to present accounts and returns to the simpler and smaller clients and explain the same.
Day to day duties include:
- Liaising frequently and regularly with clients for the purpose of:
-Addressing incidental queries concerning records and bookkeeping matters
-Coordinate ad hoc tasks such as Certificates and Letters of Residence / References / etc.
- Monitor tasks of the bookkeeping and accounts production teams and coordinate the resolution of any queries.
- Assist clients to integrate with the systems of the practice, such as Xero, Dext, OpenSpace.
- Filter client requirements and understand when to escalate and when to deal with the matter themselves.
- Implement existing control processes.
- Liaise with the HMRC and Companies House as well as foreign tax authorities and registrars when necessary.
- Cooperate with IT and technical support re network and specific application issues.
- Work as part of a team to ensure tasks are duly monitored and executed and issues arising are properly escalated.
- Complete and review self-assessment tax returns for smaller and simpler clients.
The successful candidate will be able to progress through to a full accounting role subject to merit. Staff who complete their training and attain full membership will then be given management roles and complex projects to manage, such as integrating other practices to ours following acquisitions.
The practice also has premises in Suffolk and the successful candidate may need to work from there from time to time. During the pandemic, the practice has been successfully operating its remote desktop computing infrastructure, enabling it to continue to grow, whilst the staff have been able to work productively away from the office location. The holder of the position may occasionally need to commute to meet clients. You may also be asked to work out of hours. There is a large section of the job that will be dealing with Greek Clients and therefore being a Greek speaker is essential.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Prior experience of using bookkeeping software
- Ability to work in a fast-moving environment under pressure
- You must be a Greek speaker to apply
- Experience with Excel formulae
- Prior Experience of using Xero, IRIS and Digita
- Strong work ethics.
- Be proactive and able to work without constant monitoring
- Good command of the English Language
- Greek Speaker
- Good stakeholder management skills
- Keen to support the expansion of the practice
- GCSE, or equivalent, Grade C (4) or above in maths and English.
- Level 3/A Level Accounting Qualification
- Professional Accounting Taxation Technician Level 4 Apprenticeship
- AAT Level 4 Qualification