Bracey's Accountants Ltd
You will largely be working on bookkeeping, VAT and accounts preparation projects but will also assist in some of the day to day functions that are essential to keeping the office running smoothly.
We all work to high standards within the office and therefore it is essential that our workplace is clean and tidy and the jobs that enable colleagues with higher charge out rates to carry on with their work are carried out seamlessly.
We always expect the work that is completed to be excellent and you should approach each job with excellence as the standard.
- Making tea when visitors arrive
- Liaising with IT company when required
- Ad hoc errands when required
- Answering the phones
- Bookkeeping in the office
- Preparation of VAT returns for review
- Preparation of accounts for review (includes unincorporated and incorporated entities)
- Preparation of personal, partnership and company tax returns and computations for review
- Completion of jobs as efficiently as possible to enable the Portfolio Holders and Client Managers to complete jobs within 30 days of starting it
- New client set ups including the preparation of client engagement letters and 64-8s as instructed
Possibility progression onto a higher-level apprenticeship or a permanent contract will be available for the successful candidate. Solveway is Matrix approved and offer impartial information, advice and guidance to all learners.
Candidate will need to be able to travel between Hitchin and Stevenage.
During your apprenticeship you will be required to complete a workplace portfolio, participate in the classroom training and complete any employer training, all of which will count towards your 20% off the job training.
As you will be set homework on a weekly basis, we ask all candidates if they are willing to commit to investing a few hours each week on additional studies?
We will assess your prior learning using your CV, an In-Depth interview and the completion of a skill scan and will adjust the apprenticeship accordingly. This will ensure you are learning new knowledge, skills and behaviours.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Good sense of humour
A minimum of 3 GCSEs or equivalent at Grade C/4, including maths and English is required for this programme.
- Level 3 - Assistant Accountant standard
Advanced Diploma in Accounting including:
- Advanced Bookkeeping
- Final Accounts Preparation
- Management Accounting: Costing
- Indirect Tax
- Ethics for Accountants
- Spreadsheets for Accounting
- Functional Skills if required
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.