What will the apprentice be doing?
This is an entry-level role and will be working within our finance team. The role holder will be exposed to a wide area of finance covering reporting, control and compliance including but not limited:
- Working closely with and providing finance support to our two newest business units.
- Dealing with queries and supporting the month end close process including balance sheet reconciliations, reporting to corporate and intercompany processes.
- Providing operational support to the Head of Finance and Group Accountant.
- Accounting, reporting and financial admin.
- Support the development of CAPEX requests and business cases for investments.
- Supporting with statutory and internal audit as required.
- Accounts payable and transactional support including supplier invoices, employee expenses, payment runs.
- Assisting in the preparation and submission of tax returns such as VAT and PSA.
- Ensuring compliance with ABF policies.
- Other 'ad-hoc' duties, admin and projects as required.
- Continuously improve processes to increase the efficiency of the team.
A modern, environmentally-friendly, open-plan building
Subsidised restaurant on-site
On-Site shop selling discounted products from ABF brands
Free car parking
Electric charging points available.
Free tea, coffee and fruit
Compensation & Benefits
Access to private medical care
Enhanced Family Friendly Policies
Access to flexible working options
Health & Wellbeing App
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
As an Accounting Apprentice with BPP, you will complete the Accountancy Taxation Professional Apprenticeship at Level 7. Within the apprenticeship you will undertake the ACCA, professional qualification.
The apprenticeship will be completed at a BPP centre or via the Online Classroom platform, in addition to at the workplace.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The candidate will have opportunity to work across multiple disciplines within the Finance Department as their training progresses and with projects supporting the other ABFI businesses.
They should have the desire and ability to progress into a Finance Manager or a similar role.
The company is part of the ABF group of companies and it movement of finance talent between groups is common.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Team working
Qualifications RequiredA Level or equivalent Any (Grade 4 or C and above) Essential
Other AAT (Grade AAT qualified) Essential