Accident Repair Technician (Body & Paint) Apprenticeship - Advanced (Level 3)
CALEX UK LTD
We are still recruiting. Please note that the start of this apprenticeship may be delayed due to the coronavirus situation. If your application is progressed then you will hear from the recruitment team within 3 working days of your application and invited to participate in a phone interview. During this phone interview, we will provide further clarification with regards to the anticipated programme commencement.
Over the 30 month programme you will work towards a Level 3 Accident Repair Technician Apprenticeship Standard and will involve the following;
- Remove & refit body panels e.g. wings, doors, bonnets, tailgates
- Repairing & reshaping panels using body filler, panel hammers, and other special tools
- Welding on new panels
- Mixing & applying primers & colour coats, using spray guns & equipment
- Polishing painted panels using the polishing machines
- Remove & refit of mechanical parts e.g. wheels, suspension, steering, air conditioning, transmissions, engines
- Remove & refit electrical components e.g. lights, security systems, instruments & entertainment systems, charging and starting systems, electrical fault finding
- Remove & refit interior & exterior trims e.g. bumpers, spoilers, door trims, carpets
Potentially secure a full-time role at the end of your apprenticeship.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
All of our opportunities receive a really good response and so we're looking for you to demonstrate why you stand out from the crowd. We're not looking for the finished article; rather we want to identify those people that are ambitious and demonstrate a willingness to learn, who are excited by the prospect of working with our fantastic, technologically advanced vehicles and really engage in the recruitment process.
- Willingness to learn
- Team working/working with others
- The motivation for the role/automotive and engineering interest
- Personal responsibility and career ownership
Prior Attainment: GCSE (or equivalent) grade A*-C or 9-4 in maths and English. Predicated grades are accepted.
In Scotland, applicants must have or be predicted to achieve National 4 or above in English and Maths and either a Science or Technical subject. Standard Grades 1-4 and Intermediates are also accepted.
'Equivalent' grades include:
- BTEC first diplomas and certificates
- OCR Nationals
- Key Skills Level 2
- Essential Skills (Wales)
- Functional Skills Level 2
- Core Skills (Scotland)
Over the 30 month programme you will work towards a Level 3 Accident Repair Technician Apprenticeship Standard and receive the following;
- At work training supported with coaching, mentoring and assessment
- Instructor-led training at The Performance Academy in Coventry and Body and Paint Partners iTAS in Milton Keynes
- Online learning modules (+ other elective sessions if you wish)
- Webinar based modules
- Qualification group assignments: completed by self-study/in repairer study
- On the job competency assessment with assigned mentors
- Endpoint assessment to achieve the apprenticeship standard
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.