What will the apprentice be doing?
- Assist in the carrying out of more routine tasks including accounts preparation and audit
- Carry out tasks to deadlines ensuring they are accurate and meet required standards
- Deal with basic client queries and requests for information
- Build constructive relationships with other team members
- Keep an accurate record of own time
- Use technical knowledge while working on client assignments
- Develop an understanding of the different services offered by the firm and cross sell these services
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Structured internal training to understand the theory behind the work you will undertake in the office
Formal block release and/or online training at our training provider for the ACA (Association of Chartered Accountants) or ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) qualifications
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
At the end of the apprenticeship you will be a fully ACA or ACCA qualified accountant and a senior member of the accounting/audit team. Progression opportunities include promotions to Assistant Manager, Manager and Partner.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Team working
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade C or 4/5) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C or 4/5) Essential
A Level or equivalent Any (Grade C or above) Essential
Other Any (Grade 2:1 degree or above) Essential