What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties in this role will include:
- Carry out tasks to required deadlines ensuring they are accurate and meet required standards.
- Undertake study as agreed for role.
- Dealing with basic client queries and requests for information.
- Double entry book keeping and accounts payment and receipt reconciliation.
- Build constructive relationships with other team members.
- Keep an accurate and effective record of own time.
- Use technical knowledge while working on client assignments.
- Develop an understanding of the different services offered by the firm and cross sell these services when opportunities arise.
- Study for the AAT Level 3 (if desired).
- Assist in the carrying out of more routine tasks concerning the professional work within the team.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Accounts/Finance Assistant Apprenticeship Level 2 This level is ideal for existing staff or new talent in accounting and finance. Their work could include basic bookkeeping activities, working with sales and purchase ledgers, running calculations to ensure that records and payments are correct, recording of cash and data entry. Learners will complete the mandatory AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting. The Certificate in Accounting comprises of four exams and an End Point Assessment. You must successfully complete the following: Introduction to Bookkeeping (ITBK) Principles of Bookkeeping Control (POBC) Principles of Costing (PCTN) Business Environment (BESY) EPA - In Tray exercise Training will be provided by attending either face-to-face classroom based lessons, Live Online sessions or OnDemand. An apprenticeship has to be relevant to the job you are undertaking and you must dedicate 20% of your time towards it.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Gain further qualifications and progress career as you learn.
Reality CheckBenefits Include: 20 days holiday.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent maths (Grade 4/C - 9/A*) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C - 9/A*) Essential