What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties in this role will include:
- Setting up and making client payments using various banking systems.
- Bookkeeping using Zero.
- VAT Returns.
- Client interaction.
- In time will manage own portfolio of clients
After you have completed your training, other responsibilities you will have are:
- Production of monthly management accounts and balance sheet reconciliation.
- VAT Returns.
- Purchase and sales ledger.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Analysing Income & Expenses incurred by Clients.
- Making payments on behalf of the clients – BACS, CHAPS,
- Cheques, International Transfers, Encashment facilities.
- Foreign Currency (Payments/Invoicing).
- Cash flow forecasts and statements.
- Preparation Income and management commission statements.
- Business meetings with clients and their representatives / managers.
- Credit control.
- Responsible for bank administration – setting up users and assigning roles, registering and removing bank accounts on bank line, opening and closing bank accounts,
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship Level 3.
This level is ideal for existing staff or new talent in an accounting or finance role. Their work could include assisting in the day to day financial activities such as data entry to month end management accounts and/or year-end financial statements.
You will be studying the AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting. This level will encourage you to master more complex accounting principles in both Bookkeeping and Management Accounting. You will study 5 units:
Financial Accounting; Preparing Financial Statements (FAPS).
Management Accounting Techniques (MATS).
Tax Processes for Business (TPFB).
Business Awareness (BUAW).
Advanced Synoptic Assessment (ADSY) which forms part of your End Point Assessment.
Training will be provided by attending either face-to-face classroom based lessons, Live Online sessions or OnDemand. An apprenticeship has to be relevant to the job you are undertaking and you must dedicate 20% of your time towards it.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Promotion to more senior levels.
- Opportunities for continued development and completion of more professional qualifications
Reality CheckBenefits include: 20 days plus bank holidays - On completion of the apprenticeship holidays will increase to 26 days plus bank holidays Gym on site Cycle to work scheme Private Healthcare and Life Insurance after one year Annual bonus scheme
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent maths (Grade 4/C-9/A*) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C-9/A*) Essential