The firm will sponsor you with a fully funded study package to undertake a training contract to achieve the Association of Taxation Technicians (ATT) qualification.
This will include on-the-job training, exam tuition and practical skills courses, with support from a qualified student counsellor. Combining the demands of a full-time role whilst studying for the ATT qualification, you will start with basic administrative tasks and learn through a programme of structured training and development alongside on the job work experience, to undertake duties such as:
- Preparation of individual self assessment tax returns
- Dealing with client correspondence
- Dealing with HMRC correspondence, statements of account and PAYE coding notices
- Dealing with national insurance queries and calculations
- Maintaining and controlling work progress reports
- Preparation of business tax calculations and partnership tax returns
- Beyond the ATT programme we will then encourage you to progress and gain your CTA qualification to become a fully qualified, Chartered Tax professional, which once completed will also open up further opportunities for you within the company
Positions are available in our Preston, Lancaster and Manchester offices.
Why workl for MHA Moore and Smalley?
- A great place to commence your career in accountancy
- We are a top 50 award winning professional services firm
- We have an excellent reputation for training staff in a friendly and welcoming environment
- Clear career opportunities and progression paths
- We are accredited “Investors in People” · Focus on work/life balance – flexible working patterns/locations
- Pay progression linked to role development
- High levels of staff engagement around the firm’s values
- Great social life and involvement in community and charitable initiatives
- Part of a national and international network of firms with global opportunities
- A diverse work family
- Competitive starting salary, with salary increases based on exam success and performance
- Benefits package including: pension scheme, life assurance, flexible benefits (such as options to buy/sell annual leave, cycle to work scheme and dental insurance)
- Popular staff social club with subsidised events throughout the year
- Excellent communication skills
- A genuine interest in business and finance
- Team player
- Well organised
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs Grade A*- C (4-9) including Maths and English
- A minimum of 112 UCAS points at A Level, all gained in the same exam year and excluding General Studies, (based on the new 2017 UCAS tariff).
- Ideally an A-level in Accounting and Finance is preferred, but not essential.
- Full UK driving licence and access to your own vehicle (or at least have evidence this is in process at time of application)
Level 2 Accounts / Finance Assistant Apprenticeship Standard, which includes:
- Level 2 AAT qualification to be earned
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)