The firm will sponsor you with a fully funded study package to undertake a 2 - 4 year training contract studying for the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) qualification - the first step to becoming a chartered accountant. This will include on-the-job training, exam tuition and practical skills courses, with support from a qualified student counsellor.
You will have the opportunity to work in a challenging and stimulating environment where early responsibility is actively encouraged and rewarded. You will get the chance to work alongside business owners, helping design solutions which will make a positive difference to their business performance. The work is varied and fast paced. If you are a people person and enjoy helping others succeed, you will derive great job satisfaction from a career at MHA Moore and Smalley. Supporting our Corporate and Business Services team to deliver a high-quality service to a range of clients, you will be:
- Learning how to prepare accounts and draft tax computations
- Undertaking accounting and tax assignments
- Working on a range of client businesses
- Beyond the AAT programme we will then encourage you to progress onto the ACA/ACCA programme to become a fully qualified, chartered accountant, which once completed will also open up further opportunities for you within the company
- Positions available in our Kendal, Lancaster, Blackpool and Preston offices
- Excellent communication skills
- A genuine interest in business and finance
- Team player
- Well organised
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs Grade A*- C (9-4) including maths and English
- A minimum of 112 UCAS points at A Level, all gained in the same exam year and excluding General Studies, (based on the new 2017 UCAS tariff).
- Ideally an A-level in Accounting and Finance is preferred, but not essential.
- Full UK driving licence and access to your own vehicle (or at least have evidence this is in process at time of application)
Level 2 Accounts / Finance Assistant Apprenticeship Standard, which includes:
- Level 2 AAT qualification to be earned
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)