Duties will include:
- Ensuring all income is banked and reconciled daily in accordance with Accounting Procedures and Financial Regulations
- Raise authorised payments in accordance with Accounting Procedures and Financial Regulations
- All receipts and payments are recorded in the Cash Books, which are maintained and reconciled against the bank statements on the day of receipt/payment
- Resolution of all queries in a timely manner
- Maintaining effective communication channels and working relationships with key Stakeholders (internal and external)
- Compliance with Financial Regulations, Accounting Procedures, and other regulatory requirements
- Completion of filing and scanning relevant to the role, within a timely manner
- Any other ad hoc duties as and when requested
Possibility to progress to the next level AAT leading to a full time position within the business.
Benefit include free parking, 25 days holiday in first year plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time), Group Personal Pension Plan, Entitlement to Single Cover Private Medical Insurance, Free Parking, Meal Entitlement, plus many other benefits.
- Awareness of basic accountancy concepts and double entry bookkeeping desirable
- Understand bookkeeping controls
- An understanding of the use of IT to improve efficiencies and working practices
- Have the ability to design and maintain spreadsheets along with general Microsoft Office skills
- Being self motivated, with strong problem solving skills to work smartly to deliver deadlines during peak activity
- Good customer service skills
- Basic computer literacy would be advantageous
- Positive attitude
- Good communications
- Good organisation and time management
- Punctual and reliable
- Good work ethic
- Flexible and pro-active approach to work duties and hours
- Committed to completing the Apprenticeship programme by combining work based learning, assessment and independent study
- Forward thinking
- Good attitude and understanding of Health and safety and food safety
GCSE's or equivalent grades A-C/9-4 including maths and English.
Foundation Certificate - AAT Level 2
Foundation covers the basic principles of accountancy, and is your starting point if you’ve never studied accountancy before. You’ll learn the basic principles of accountancy, such as double-entry bookkeeping, costing and preparing financial statements, as well as how to use accountancy software.
This level is ideal if you’re new to accountancy and finance, have previously worked in an accounts department, or are looking to change your career into accountancy.
To pass this level, you'll be examined on five units (also known as subjects), of which one includes the synoptic assessment. This tests the knowledge you have gained throughout the level, covering multiple (but not all) units. All assessments are computer-based exams (CBE).
The area you will cover include:
- Bookkeeping transactions
- Bookkeeping controls
- Elements of costing
- Using accounting software
- Foundation Synoptic Assessment
The Apprenticeship standard details the essential Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours that somebody would need to demonstrate to be a successful Accounts/Finance Assistant, this includes, General Business, Ethical Standards, Communication, Attention to Detail and Professionalism. Apprentices will need to show they are competent in all the areas detailed in the standard when they take End Point Assessment.
The Knowledge areas of the standard will be covered through completion of the AAT qualification. Skills and Behaviours are developed through workshops, e-learning, workplace training and practical experience provided ‘on-the-job’.