We’ll provide structured development on audit, accounts, outsourcing, and tax. Your IT training will come from our own experts and other experienced trainers. We work closely with Kaplan, whose apprenticeship training encompasses leading online learning technologies, award-winning study materials, and highly experienced tutors.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with bookkeeping
- Assisting with accounts work
- Completing small accounts preparation; from core records and client accounting software
- Developing an understanding and applying knowledge of bookkeeping and double entry
- Undertaking administrative duties
You’ll develop your wider interpersonal and professional skills, again with internal and external providers. After you’ve qualified, we’ll continue to support your growth through additional professional qualifications, new development programmes, a range of work opportunities, and careers guidance.
Upon completion of AAT level 3, you will have the opportunity to continue with AAT level 4 and depending on your specialisation, we will support you in gaining the ACA or ACCA qualification.
After you’ve qualified, we’ll continue to support your growth through additional professional qualifications, new development programmes, a range of work opportunities and careers guidance.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
These roles are particularly suited to people who like problem solving and a fast-changing environment. In all our roles, we value people who are happy to work independently while recognising that BKL thrives on teamwork. By using leading software, we make our clients’ lives easier and you will be at the forefront of this by welcoming technology.
You will be expected to develop and deliver technical excellence, which means you’ll need the qualities that this will demand: resilience is important. You need to be able to study and to advance your thinking. We’re open to how you demonstrate this. Traditionally it’s done through academic results, but that doesn’t have to be the case. Feel free to surprise us!
- GCSE grades A*to C (including a B or above in maths and English Language, or a 6 for those who passed exams from 2017 onwards) or the equivalent qualifications / alternative higher qualifications
AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting – Level 3 with Level 2 bolt on's (Bookkeeping Units)
The Advanced Diploma in Accounting covers a range of complex accounting tasks, including maintaining cost accounting records and the preparation of reports and returns. You’ll learn and master a number of accounting disciplines including financial processes, advanced bookkeeping, final accounts and ethical practices for accountants.
Top five skills you’ll gain:
- The importance of professional ethics in the working environment
- Use of spreadsheets to manage information in the accounting environment
- Analysing variances
- Reconciling ledgers
- Making provisions for doubtful and irrecoverable debts