2nd Year CNC Machining Apprenticeship - Advanced (Level 3)
Abs Precision Limited
TYNE NORTH TRAINING LIMITED
The role will include shadowing a skilled worker and learning the process of CNC machining within an engineering environment. This is an exciting opportunity which will enable the apprentice to learn a real craft in a growing and exciting company. The apprentice will shadow a skilled worker and be involved in day to day activities using milling and turning machines.
The apprentice will learn and carry out duties on how to:
- Use lathes for turning operations
- Use milling machines
- Use CNC machine tool programs
This is an ideal position for someone who is practical and wants to pursue a long-term career within the engineering industry.
As a Tyne North Training apprentice you will benefit from our unique funding packages.
This apprenticeship will lead to a bespoke, unique skill.
A candidate's successful application will lead to an aptitude test and interview with Tyne North Training and the possibility of an interview with the prospective employer.
Candidate matching and submission of candidate details for this particular vacancy will not begin until the Covid19 guidelines are lifted and it is safe to begin the recruitment process.
- The ability to take on board information in a variety of formats and be able to communicate effectively with colleagues and team leaders
- Good timekeeping
- Have a proven interest in the working environment and want an apprenticeship
- Motivated willingness to learn and have a positive attitude
- A candidate must have GCSEs at grade C/4 above or equivalent in maths and English. Level 2 functional skills in both maths and English will be accepted
** Please note that level 2 adult literacy and adult numeracy will not be accepted. This is due to the apprenticeship certificate awarding body's requirements. **
The advanced apprenticeship is typically a 38 month programme.
The successful candidate will work towards and complete the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Diploma in Machining (Foundation Knowledge)
- Level 3 Diploma in Machining (Development Knowledge)
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering - Machinist (Development Competence)
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.