What will the apprentice be doing?
You will gain exposure to both consultancy and construction delivery. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Working with clients to establish their needs
- Being involved in the preparation of tender documents
- Contributing to the project execution plan, including the logistics planning and scheduling
- Working closely with the design team from concept to delivery of contractor documentation
- Providing support ensuring that technical standards are being applied through critical examination of contractors design submissions throughout the project lifecycle
- Working closely with the project team and cost managers to ensure all strategies implemented work effectively and efficiently
- Monitoring project progress in line with KPIs, cost and programme and preparing progress reports to update relevant parties
- Monitoring and reporting on budgets and cash flow
- Monitoring any potential risks to the project and looking for mitigations where possible
- Monitoring and reviewing of health and safety practices
- Contribute to successful railway system integration through involvement of relevant disciplines and parties.
- Monitoring the quality of works completed on site and helping to deal with any issues that need resolving
This role will be based at Manchester Airport. You will gain exposure to all aspects of project delivery from concept design, through to construction, commissioning, validation handover and into operation.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Our structured training programme will teach you technical and business skills to help you succeed in your career
- The Project Assistant apprenticeship will work towards the Chartered Surveyor Level 6 which consists of work-based experience and training
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- We’ll also support you in gaining professional membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
Skills RequiredProblem solving skills, Team working, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent 5 subjects including Maths and English (Grade 4/C) Essential
A Level or equivalent any subjects (Grade 96 UCAS Points) Essential