What will the apprentice be doing?
As an Apprentice Commercial Manager, you will gain exposure to the variety of services offered to our clients and take on responsibility in real, live project environments. You will work alongside industry leading professionals at Mace and many prestigious and high-profile clients.
Your responsibilities will involve but are not limited to:
- Producing various tender documentation, carrying out tender analysis and performing take-offs of technical construction drawings
- Drafting contracts for several packages
- Commercial Management of various fit out and preliminary packages including Site Temps, Scaffolding, Logistics and Wayfinding
- Producing contract orders for various packages
- Carrying out monthly valuations for payment and issuing Interim
- Payment Certificates to trade contractors
- Producing and issuing variation instructions to various trade contractors, then valuating these variations for payment
- Producing a cost to complete report for my specific packages for the project’s commercial director to feed into a larger project cost for completion of the report
- Negotiating and agreeing final account settlements with trade contractor on behalf of the Client
Your work base will be flexible and could be in one of Mace offices or at a client’s office or facility. You will gain exposure to all aspects of project delivery from concept design, through to construction, commissioning, validation handover and into operation.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Our structured training programme will teach you technical and business skills to help you succeed in your career.
The Commercial Assistant apprenticeship will work towards the Chartered Surveyor L6 which consists of work-based experience and training.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We’ll also support you in gaining professional membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
Skills RequiredProblem solving skills, Team working, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent 5 subjects including Maths and English (Grade 4/C) Essential
A Level or equivalent any subjects (Grade 96 UCAS Points) Essential