What will the apprentice be doing?
- Design, implement and test engineering solutions in accordance with Thales procedures
- Attendance at project reviews
- Preparation of engineering specifications, interface control documents & test documentation
- Deliver tasks on time and to the required quality
- Work as a team-player asking for guidance and direction where necessary
- Develop knowledge and skills within the engineering discipline
- Effectively communicate engineering issues related to own tasks
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will be studying towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Engineering under the Engineering Design and Draughtsperson apprenticeship standard. You will be given one day per week in which to complete your studies with a local college.
At the end of the programme you will have achieved a BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Engineering, as well as a Level 3 Apprenticeship qualification.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
A permanent position within Thales.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Creative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent 5 GCSES incl Maths+English (Grade Grade 9 - 4 (A-C)) Essential